Wi-Fi scanning Froyo

Last Updated:

1. VA_Joe

VA_Joe Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've been running xtrSense and xtrRom for months with great results.

I decided to try a Froyo based Rom and my first two attempts (FroShedYo.V6 and Nonsensikal v13.2) both had the same WiFi issue.

I can't connect or even detect my wireless network. I'm 5 feet away from the AP which had great connectivity with the xtr Roms.

Settings..show Wi-Fi scanning continously.

Reboot...cycled airplane mode... nothing.

Even rewiped and reflashed.

Everything else appears to be working great.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I use WiFi all the time at both home and work, so I know it's not a fault inherent to the ROMs. I'm wondering if you maybe restored WiFi settings from the 2.1 ROM to the 2.2. If there are any 'remembered' WiFi Networks on your phone try deleting them and letting them be found again by the current ROM.

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yep, I am having the same problem since all of the Froyo ROMs switched to Conap's CFS V6. The answer is to wait - if you wait long enough (several minutes), it will eventually connect.

Oh, and reply to this post: xda-developers - View Single Post - [GPL]2.6.29.6 CFS Kernel V8 11/9/10 on XDA. If enough people report this, maybe Conap will see if it's an issue with the kernel (which I think it is.)

VA_Joe likes this.
  4. VA_Joe

doogald,

Thanks - I'll give it another try and check out the xda post.

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Well, I should say that it eventually connects for me. I find it works a lot better if I keep the WiFi radio on. If I turn it off and then turn it on again when I want to use it, it can take up to 5 minutes to reconnect. If it doesn't reconnect for you, one thing that you may want to do is to run one of the older versions. Try CELB 3.2 and see if that works better. If it does, then I think it is the kernel.

6. schlup41

schlup41 Member

I am using Celeb Froyo 3.6 and flashed the cfs v6 on top of it. I can now use setcpu to control my clocking on demand and it will stay that way even when I reboot. WIFI seems to connect a lot quicker also:eek:

7. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

I had an issue with nonsensikal 13.2 and 13.7, well actually all of my ROM's to be honest, connecting to my wifi. I have an N router and it would detect it and connect but could not get an IP address from it. I just swapped the router to BG only and my eirs connected within seconds with no problem. So it seems the new radio build has an issue with N routers...

8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I assume that you have the router set to b/g/n mode? In other words, you do know that the Eris does not have an 802.11n radio.

I still think it's something with the kernel rather than the radio. I get instant connect with the Zanfur kernel in the xtr ROMs, and did as well for Conap's CFS kernel through V5. It's only been since V6 that I've had issues with the Froyo ROMs that include Conap's CFS kernel (CELB and Nonsensikal and FroShedYo.)

9. tgulch22

Yes correct assumption....but I am still having occaisional problems with it connecting now. The minute i switched the router to only bg then it worked and then disconnected and i just got it to connect to my work router just now...so I dont know where the problem is...

10. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

This is a shot on the dark, but what I just did is do a Nandroid of CELB 3.6 and then installed Conap's CFS kernel V5 from Recovery, then ran a Dalvik wipe and restarted the phone. Now my phone will reconnect to my WiFi router in exactly 1 minute when I start the WiFi radio - that's acceptable compared with before (it was taking up to 5 to 10 minutes.) Unfortunately, it's no longer available for download, but I have it in my Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/220420/DecafuctCFSv5.zip

So, one thing that you could try, to see if it is something in the kernel:

- copy DecafuctCFSv5.zip to your SD card
    - Restart in recovery
    - Nandroid backup, just in case
    - Flash DecafuctCFSv5.zip
    - From the wipe menu, Wipe Dalvik cache
    - Restart the phone

See if that helps?
    - Nandroid backup

And, of course, there is always checking to see if there is a firmware upgrade for your router...

And, if that doesn't help, try running a 2.1 ROM - xtrROM, xtrSENSE, or Vanilla 2.0.4 - and see if it has the same problem. I know that I have no issue with WiFi when I am running xtrSENSE 4.6.5.

11. tgulch22

Well, I am going to try to flash the kernel...and yes by chance there was a new firmware for the router..but it was doing it at a couple locations...but we shall see...

12. VA_Joe

My original problem is corrected.

I went back and forth between FroShedYo.V6 and Nonsensikal v13.2 with no luck. I eventually reset my AP and now WiFi works normally.

The rest of my wireless devices had no issues during the entire time I was troubleshooting. I can't explain it but at least it's working (Nonsensikal) now.