Wi-Fi speed

Last Updated:

1. wayzar

wayzar New Member

I am getting 10 Mbps download speed on my laptop from my cable internet provider and Netgear router but only 1 Mbps on my Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V. Is this normal or is there a setting I can change?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

Most likely your laptop has an N capable radio,and the V only has G and before radio,so no there is nothing you can do,remember these phone are pretty outdated as android phones go.
    wayzar likes this.
  3. bomblord

bomblord Active Member

I can't speak for your phone but I get 16mgbps on my Triumph
  4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Decent speeds for wifi here.

Test Date: Dec 31, 2011 6:47:25 am
    Connection Type: Wifi
    Server: Chicago, IL
    Download: 5455 kbps
    Upload: 5700 kbps
    Ping: 26 ms

[​IMG]
  5. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I get 1/4th to 1/3rd of the wifi speed my laptop does.
  6. wayzar

wayzar New Member

Must have been the router. I bought a new Belkin N router and just got 9mbps on my V.
  7. motoracer1486

motoracer1486 Well-Known Member

802.11G has a theoretical speed of 54 Mbps (realistically 15-20 Mbps), he *should* be able to reach 10 Mbps on his phone even on 802.11G.
    Petrah likes this.
  8. lou61166

9. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

10. lou61166

Hey i was all for Virgin Mobile a year ago,but when you start to realize just how outdated their android phones are,and how poor the G wifi adapters are,you wake up,oh and the 3G data is pretty slow also,hey if i wanted a regular phone Virgin Mobile is a no brainer.
  11. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

So, you don't actually use Virgin Mobile right now? You just came in here to make a nasty remark about our phones, and perhaps bait someone into an argument?

We really do love visitors in here that use other types of phones and/or services as the majority of us enjoy making new friends and just chatting it up about our phones. By all means, share your views and experiences that you've had with VM and their phones. However, if you've merely come in here to make a nasty remark and act haughty, perhaps it's best if don't post in the VM forums.
    srslyguise, UnixPimp and MacFett like this.
  12. frdmspoplr

frdmspoplr Well-Known Member

When people say stuff like that, I just say "I'm paying $25 a month. How about you?"