• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wi-fi tether and connecting a wii

zim2704

Nov 5, 2009
Ok so i've tried everything that i can to get my wii to connect using wifi tether with no success. All the settings on wifi tether are stock with no security at all. I've tried just about everything I can but no dice.....anybody else able to get theirs to work?

Found out why it won't connect....figured I would post if anybody else wanted to know.....

Wii does not support connecting to AdHoc devices. It can only connect to full access
points. And WirelessTether can only support AdHoc due to chipset/driver limitations
of the phones.

Mine used to.. I have played black ops online through my android tether before.. havent played the wii in some time also upgraded phones and now it wont connect.. the wii sees the access point but then when tries to connect all of a sudden it cant find it anymore.. error 51030.. anybody figure this out??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones