• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wi-Fi tether apps, big data hogs?

neemo6

Nov 19, 2009
Now that I'm on a tiered data plan i have to watch my data usage. Ive been using tether apps since Windows mobile 2 and never noticed this issue. I'm currently on Verizon note 2 rooted with Wi-Fi tether treve mod app. I'm on wifi got shot when available to save data, and usually conservative on my usage when not. Last month i went through 2.5gb while tethered to my laptop on about 25 minutes. Nothing downloaded, just watched two 10 minute videos and some browsing. I was shocked as to how much data i went through in what was very minimal usage. Anyone else noticing the same thing? How could've i went through so much data? Is it possible Verizon accelerated my data usage for using such an app or die to being close to the end is my billing cycle?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones