Wi-Fi Tethering

1. trebor7

trebor7 Member

Now that we have root for the Rise, is it possible to use it for tethering? If so, what tethering apps are the best, as in causing the least problems?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Wifi tether for Root users is usually a safe bet. Might have to play with some settings on it to get it to work right...
    mcgraham89 likes this.
  3. NumberXV

NumberXV Active Member

Get Wifi Tether For Root User

Open the app and go to settings
    Change device profiles to Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
    Click on routing fix
    Done

You should now have WiFi Tether.. add a pass code if you want

(Credit goes to howlofdawn I'm just posting this up)
    AQAA likes this.
  4. mjkinneyx

mjkinneyx Member

I use Barnacle, it seems faster than WiFi Tether and doesn't lose connection as much.
  5. joshua8790

joshua8790 Well-Known Member

I used to use barnacle until I had the evo... barnacle didn't like the Evo, but wifi tether worked the best.

wifi tether is what I used on the Rise, and it works nicely.
  6. rwperkinsjr

rwperkinsjr Member

I use WiFi Tether for Root Users, it works great.
  7. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

If it's on Virgin it amounts to an exercise in frustration considering the abysmally slow 3G speeds.
  8. edtrud

edtrud Member

I can't even use any root features! Its telling me to get supersu pro? Its blocking all the wifi tethering
  9. dustinmerk

dustinmerk New Member

i need some help i tried changing the profile to generic ics/jb (wlan0) and turned on routing fix but it just keeps loading and nothing works im using the kyocera rise vm 4.0.4 the device is rooted but its doing nothing any other opinions on what to do in the settings or another app to use?
  10. dustinmerk

dustinmerk New Member

What settings are you using on the barnacle I can't get it to work on my krocera rise from vm?