Wi-Fi to 3G on screen lock

Last Updated:

1. Pitbull_Raven

Pitbull_Raven Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. Have had my desire for only a couple of days now but I am having a issue with the device. Every time the screen locks for about 10 minutes or so, the phone turns off the wireless connection and turns on the 3G connection. Only when I turn the screen on or unlock the phone does it reactivate the Wi-Fi connection, turning the 3G off during the process.

This is a real pain for me since I am on a very limited data plan (only 100mb) and each time it does this it uses up almost a quarter of a megabyte. The math is simple, and after 400 unlocks I'd be over the 100MB. Considering I unlock my phone an average of 30 to 40 times per day, I'd never make it to the end of a month. And this not counting the fact that I actually use data when not at home or the office. :mad:

Is there any way to force wireless to stay on while at home / office and ONLY switch when there is no known wireless network available?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Ian80

Ian80 Active Member

Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Never

Did this work? :)

Pitbull_Raven likes this.
  3. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Turn off wifi sleep in settings>networks

4. Pitbull_Raven

Pitbull_Raven Active Member This Topic's Starter

That was so simple. And worked like a charm. Much thanks to you, sirs. I had no idea there were menus within the menus.

5. Ian80

Ian80 Active Member

Haha, no problem, it took me a while to discover the menus within menus too. And I only found out because of this forum :p