• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wi fi wont connect

I saw another thread where someone else had this problem recently and discovered that he needed to make a change in his router configuration. I don't know (or remember) any more details about it though.
was it in the incredible section? did some searching, saw people w/ same problem in droid area but no solutions.

Have you tried Wifi Buddy from the market?
Never heard of it. What's it do.. or i could just go to market huh... lol

Try having your router broadcast the SSID. Some people can get it to connect by simply broadcasting it temporarily while I have seen where other people have had to keep it broadcasting to reconnect. I don't know why the difference but these are some things to consider.
Yea been trying, hit the connect button over and over and nothing...
F*ckers

Upvote 0
Longshot but since answers aren't falling from the sky...try changing your wep key and re-entering on your DI when prompted. Could also try adding an access schedule using your MAC address and set it up for 24/7 granted access. One final idea is to update your router's firmware. Actually I might try that first. What kinda router is it out of curiosity?

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Longshot but since answers aren't falling from the sky...try changing your wep key and re-entering on your DI when prompted. Could also try adding an access schedule using your MAC address and set it up for 24/7 granted access. One final idea is to update your router's firmware. Actually I might try that first. What kinda router is it out of curiosity?
netgear, less than 2 years old, logged into it last night and the firmware upgrade failed... dont know why but laptop works fine with it

No clue here, but try something simple like a soft reset on the phone.

iowabowtech's on to something though.
he might be, gonna try firmware upgrade again, btw a soft reset is just to turn off pull battery and turn back on right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones