• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wi-fi won't turn on

crybllrd

Jan 8, 2013
I have an unrooted Nexus 6P that updated to Android 7.0 a few days ago. I've only had this phone for a few weeks.

Everything worked fine until yesterday I noticed I didn't have internet because my WiFi was off. Odd, I thought, so turned it back on.

It used to take less than a second after turning it on for it to auto connect to my wifi network. Now when I do, it says "No Wifi networks available" and has the sort of blue bar at the top showing it's working. It "works" to find wifi indefinitely without ever finding any networks.

I've tried a hard power off/restart, uninstalling ALL apps that I've installed since I got the phone (only 4), and tried changing a lot of wifi settings. I did a full factory reset and wiped the cache through the bootloader. On first

In my building there are about 30 wifi networks in range at any given time, so please don't post to try somewhere else. Besides, this started happening at work.

Any idea what I can do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones