Wi-Fi working on and offSupport

Last Updated:

1. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Member This Topic's Starter

I am a new x10 owner, I have 1 dekstop, 2 laptops, and a playstation3 all connected to my router wirelessly and they all work fine, so the signal strength and availability are definitely out of question. I've tried using different security protocols and they all yield the same result, it cannot successfully obtain an IP address. Occasionally it would work, but most of the time it doesn't. What are some known fixes for this type of issue? Any help/hint would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

Hmm not 2 sure
    try perhaps giving ya phone a static ip address n c wat happens?

3. keiiferrer

keiiferrer Member

same exact problem here, haven't been able to figure it out either

4. gintor

gintor New Member

The most common cause of this is interferance....Log onto your router and change th edefault channel...Usually 11 i think to something else, othe rwifi signals can confuse less complex routing devices ( your phone )

HTH

5. origami

origami New Member

I was suffering something similar, wifi and bluetooth behaving erratically.

Downloaded SEUS and reinstalled the firmware (It was the same version) and worked like charm. Maybe the preinstalled software was corrupted...:confused:

6. keiiferrer

keiiferrer Member

i just came to the conclusion that wifi is kinda dodgy on this handset, can connect to several networks, but never to the one in my house (weird), and i'm able to connect several devices to it, tried changing channels, different protocols, reinstalling the firmware with seus... nothing, so my guess is it varies from handset to handset

7. surf_r_dude

surf_r_dude Well-Known Member

Tough Luck bud, try contacting Sony Ericsson about the problem, an issue occured with my friend while he was updating his phone (would get stuck at Roger Screen) and he contacted Sony Ericsson about it and he sent his phone into them to study the problem and sent him back a brand spankin new one!

8. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Hi,

This problem is caused by a known bug where you will lose your wifi (or data connection) if:

- You lose your phone signal (obviously this applies to data)
    - You regain your phone signal
    - There is wifi/3G available. It will switch between the 2.

An update should fix this issue. If you cannot update, debrand the phone, then try again.

About not being able to connect to certain networks, try setting a static IP for it in the wifi advanced settings.