1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support WI-MAX availability

1. ajore22

ajore22 Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Will Wi-Max be available on day 1? Or will we have to wait until Sprint gets LTE in our market? Or worse, we have to share Wi-Max with sprint :eek:?

Advertisement
  2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

If it is in your area already, it will be available. If it isn't there already, it won't be. I don't think they plan on expanding to new areas, just fleshing out the ones they already have it in.

All the Sprint phones with WiMax will be using the same stuff as well. But I think many of those users will be upgrading phones in the future.
  3. Virginmobileguy

Virginmobileguy Well-Known Member

AgentC: U get my pm? also how can I check if I will have availability here in California? for 4g mainly Los angeles
  4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

No, I didn't get one.
  5. Nate456

Nate456 Well-Known Member

Try sprint's coverage map or clearwire's map
  6. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

By "fleshing out" do you mean they will not be building any new towers in new areas but they will likely be improving the towers already existing?

(I have very strong 4G signals 60 miles away in the city. Here in the suburbs I get "glimpses" of it. I guess I'm hoping for a miracle in that it might reach my way a little more LOL!
    Realistically I know that's not likely at all.)

However, on the local news they were telling how LTE will be heavily added and will have constant coverage between here and Dallas. Although that isn't relative to this topic, I thought it was cool how LTE is the new 3G and will be available even in the most rural of areas.