• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Widget-based LED Flashlight App on the Market

I have been talking a few other people with rooted DROIDs running 2.2, and it seems that now that I officially support Android 2.2, it no longer works with any of the ROMs.

I am not sure what I can do. The application works as expected on a non-rooted DROID running 2.1, and a non-rooted Nexus One running the Google released version of 2.2.

I was thinking of adding a setting to the application that the user can select to tell it that you are running a ROM instead of a released version of Android. Then in the application, if I determine that you are running 2.2 and you have the option selected, it will act as it did before the update.

That's about all I can think of to try to support ROMs. I don't have a ROM on my DROID, so I can't test, and I don't plan on rooting my DROID.

This issue is definitely an issue with the ROMs. MotoTorch works perfectly fine with the Google released version of 2.2. I feel that once Google releases the source code for 2.2 and these ROMs get updates to work with that code, I feel there won't be an issue anymore. So it's more of trying to support you guys until the source code is released.

Reactions: vbhokiefan
Upvote 0
I'm running an unthemed 2.2 and I installed the updated version through Market (v3.2 according to TiBu), but the LEDs would not come on. I can hear the camera lens activating though.

I only updated it to see if the brighter LED of 2.2 was implemented. The old version (2.8?) has been working fine for me on any ROM I have ever used, even 2.2. I see no need for me to update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones