• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Widget issues, not sure if its common or what to do about it.

For some reason task managers keep showing widgets loading over amd over. I kill them, and they immmediately reload.. None of witch I use, they've never even been on my screen. There are several widgets doing this. Facebook, YouTube, Bookmarks for Chrome and the default Browser, and many more. The thing that baffles me though is that ALL of the apps that are loading themselves aren't on internal storage, they're on my SD card, but I thought that apps on the sd card couldnt run widgets... and yet they are. Normally I wouldnt worry too much about it, but my tablet only has 300mb of ram, and all this garbage im not even using makes it virtually impossible to do anything without having to interrupt game play or whatever else I'm doing. I've even used programs like Elixir 2 and Rom Toolbox to go in and manually disable the all widget functions/services within the apps I could find, but they keep loading. Im rooted but this is my first android device so im not sure if this is a normal occurrence or some type of anomalous behavior. Any input would be very much appreciated.

If theres any specific information about my device thats needed just let me know and I'll happily post it. I'm running 4.0.4.

Sent from my SuperSonic SC-91MID using Tapatalk HD

Agri,

Since you are using ICS, you can go into the App Manager and disable those apps that you don't use. I assume that these are all bloatware apps that came with the device? Just go to Settings>apps>All apps and scroll down the list and find the offenders and tap on them. If you have allowed them to update, you should see a button that says "Uninstall Updates." Tap that and allow the updates to uninstall. The button should then say "Disable" instead of "Uninstall Updates." Tap the disable button and the app will disappear from your app menu and will be moved to the bottom of the list. At this point it will not run again until you enable it. This should take care of your widget update issue. By the way your post reads, it sounds like you use a Task Killer. I would recommend against using it. Android is designed to take care of the memory management itself and it does a quite good job. Task killers tend to be battery killers.

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0
Either there was a misunderstanding on your part or a miscommunication on my part.. These apps are apps i use... The widgets however i do not, and should not be able to because these apps are on my sd card which should prevent their widgets from loading. When i say i disabled widget functions from within the apps i am being rather literal... Each app is made up of functions, services, and providers. Ive spent over 25 years working with technology so if the problem were simple i would have solved it by now.. Im including screenshots of the problem apps and the commands within these apps i have disabled... Which shouldnt be necesary because they're on my sd card so widgets shouldnt even be able to load. I could disable these apps, but i do use these apps... Just not their widgets.

u2amyheq.jpg

huze7ejy.jpg

tytamyjy.jpg

qaja2u4y.jpg

aga7y3ud.jpg

py2umy2e.jpg

aty5u4ap.jpg

u4yzajar.jpg

u2y9amar.jpg

vaguby5u.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones