1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Widget Locker - 2 x questions (updating sliders, interactions)

Last Updated:

1. sare99

sare99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there.....I just downloaded this app yesterday and have the following questions now I've had time to fiddle about with it:-

A custom slider I have added which links to 2 x mail accounts and my SMS Inbox (main mail account on the left slider, secondary mail account on the right slider and SMS notifier in the middle) shows the correct amount of unopened msgs or texts when I add it to the lock screen but it never ever updates when new msgs come in. I have fiddled around in the WL settings and also activated the notifier in my message settings in case WL takes its update info from there (I did previously have e-mail msg alerts turned off so the LED would only flash to notify me of incoming SMS msgs) but the slider is still stuck with exactly the same figures as it had when I added it even though new e-mails have since been delivered. Obviously my phone shows an envelope or SMS icon in the notification tray at the top of the screen anyway so I can't quite understand the point of having/keeping this slider.

Also I am a little confused by the "toggle interactions" button which again I have added to a custom slider. I have my HTC Desire set up to be unlocked with a swipe pattern so that my phone can't just be accessed by someone random who might pick it up. When interactions are blocked on the slider I get a toast pop up saying "interactions blocked" IF I try to activate an app from an icon I have added to the lockscreen (eg: my flashlight) which is all well and good. BUT when the function/app I try to activate is located on a custom slider (eg: "search my contact list") WL sends me to the swipe pattern and then into search my contact list irrespective of whether interactions are enabled or not?? Occasionally (and I haven't worked out how/why) WL by-passes the swipe pattern altogether and I'm straight into my contact list from the slider as well!

Sorry that's a bit long winded and I hope someone here can help. I'll keep this app bcoz of the easy wake function (and bcoz I paid for it of course) but right now I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about to be honest.

Advertisement
  2. sare99

*bump*

Anyone???

3. cr0wnest

cr0wnest Well-Known Member

For the toggle interactions part. Sliders you add in should NOT be affected by this option. That means whether or not you disabled toggle interactions, your sliders should still work. What phone are you using? If your sliders are not responding then it could be a bug.

4. sare99

I'm using an unrooted Orange branded HTC Desire

(and no you're not going crazy.....I edited my Device info to show that after you'd asked the question lol)

5. cr0wnest

If you are unlocking the phone or launching an app via the slider just after you locked your phone you may bypass the swipe pattern because WL hasnt properly loaded yet. Its best if you enable the screen lock/unlock sounds in WL. So that when you hear the "lock" sound after blanking your screen, you know for sure that WL is secured and when you start the screen up next time it will function like normal. Maybe that explains why you bypassed the swipe pattern.

6. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

hi,
    sorry to jump on your thread but i think ive got similar issues :)
    ive just installed this app too - noticed i dont get my unlock screen anymore - this is on o2 htc desire

also, slightly confused as ive set my trackball to unlock screen but it doesnt work - still have to use power button :/

cheers
    dan

7. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

fixed the locking issue - long search key press to do that

but still find that if i force lock WL the pin time out screen doesnt appear when i then
    unlock WL
    the pin screen does appear ok if you leave the phone to time out noramlly with WL running

8. cr0wnest

Well in either case, WL is pretty buggy sometimes and it does lag your phone to an extent. Ive had cases where my screen would not respond to my touch screen presses, even the soft buttons at the bottom would not respond. I had to reset the phone by removing the battery and starting it back up, even so i had the same prob and as a last resort i had to boot into recovery and had to clear cache partition before the phone worked again.

If you have any issues perhaps you can try emailing the app developer. Explain the problem and include your phone model and make as well as OS version.

9. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I LOVE WL!
    iphone slider across the bottom to unlock
    above that I have 1x4 smooth calendar widget to tell me my next upcoming 3 events
    above that I have duel slide toggles (Ringer Mode and Tesla LED respectively)
    and at the top I have the original 2x4 beautiful widgets clock+weather (from back when it was exactly like the HTC clock, and a single touch on the weather makes a spring-box with the 3-day forecast)

As you may figure out, I don't allow anything to launch from the lock screen that I wouldn't want a stranger to be able to do (I'm sure not giving them access to my personal info or email from WL). I have no glitches with mine :)

10. sare99

Thanks for all the replies. :D

I have given up and deleted the custom slider for my mail accounts/SMS and added a "Pure Messenger" widget to my home screen instead which does update properly and has the added benefit of previewing the mail headers in the widget window.

I'm still experiencing intermittent glitching with the security swipe being by-passed but it doesn't happen often enough to be a major problem so I'm gonna stick with WL.

11. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

For best results for pin screen set phone lock
    To immediate

Make sure you don't have one of the keys set to
    Unlock when using easy wake ;)