Widget Locker SMS and Email Notifications?

Last Updated:

1. deanshep85

deanshep85 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Iim sorry if this has been asked but I looked through the big WL thread over on the Droid X part and couldnt find it, also a google search didnt come up with much..

Im using the latest WL on my Desire (2.2 not rooted) and I wanted to know if anyone gets a lil notification on their email or sms icons? I have both apps as short cuts to the WL screen (not as sliders but actual shortcuts) and the only notifications I have visible are in the bar at the top, not on their seperate icons.

Just wondering if anyone else has this or if they get a lil 1 (or more) on their icons?

Advertisement
  2. bartlet

bartlet Well-Known Member

Don't know if you mixed your terms in your post but you mention shortcuts, but for them to display the number of mails or messages they will need to be added to widgetlocker as widgets.

3. deanshep85

they can only be added as shortcuts NOT widgets...how did you add them as widgets

4. bartlet

bartlet Well-Known Member

I've just remembered that the Sense widgets aren't available to widgetlocker, sorry. I'm using 3rd party apps which work fine (Handcent and Gmail Unread Count).

To get the icons to display something on the lockscreen, they will need to be widgets not shortcuts though.

deanshep85 likes this.
  5. deanshep85

I've been toying with the idea of having handcent, but just find that I don't mind the look and feel of the default htc sms app...

I think I can live with the message counts not coming up now I know its something thats part of widget locker NOT a fault at my end...Cheers bartlet! :)