Widget *Proverbial* WallSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Has anyone had an issue with running too many widgets? Lately anytime I exit out of any program and go back to my home screens it takes my N1 at least 5+ seconds before I can do anything (such as scroll and select something). While I think I had a decent amount of widgets I didn't think I had enough to actually bog down the phone that much, specially considering the horsepower this phone has. I am going to create a simpler desktop with only my essential widgets to see if that helps to alleviate the problem. I am slightly bummed by this because one of the appeals of android is the fact I didn't have to open an app to do something, I had a widget for it.

Advertisement
  2. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

You on stock home or a home replacement?

3. Mostly Harmless

Launcher Pro

4. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

That might be your problem... I can't say for sure but I when I had Home++ everything was too laggy for me.

5. Mostly Harmless

I started killing off some widgets and seems to pick up speed. I wonder if rooting my phone would help this...

6. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

7. ragingyeti

ragingyeti Well-Known Member

I thought i had a similar problem, but it turned out to be specific Widgets. Get rid of them one by one and see which is the culprit. For me, I only had to get rid of one.

8. Mostly Harmless

Ryjabo, I think I was still running more then you were. I have to see if I have some old screen shots of what I was running.

Ragingyeti, I think that is a good idea. I probably will just wipe everything clean and start adding one by one. One of the things I need to get over is trying to put app icons on the home screen. This is a habit from my iPhone but with the app drawer you really don't need to keep any icons, unless you really need fast access.

9. CirkDroid

CirkDroid Well-Known Member

Launcher pro updated twice in the same 24 hour period because of some slowdown issues, that actually were widget related. I would check to ensure it is the most up to date, just load downloads in the market to check.