• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Widget to replace phone icon?

EuphoniC75

Lurker
Apr 11, 2012
I've been using circle launcher to quickly be able to phone the most usual ppl from in my contacts but I'd like to integrate this a bit more with the regular phone icon.

Ideally I'd like a phone icon that shows a menu/folder/similar with quick picks of the most used contacts or the contacts of my choice + possibility to reach the regular phone app from there.

The reason for this is that I pretty much never use the phone app and it's IMO really messy / requires a lot of taps to find the contact I'm calling.

I've been trying to find something similar like this but I haven't succeeded. I've found some widgets that are quick dialers for selected contacts and that's pretty ok but widgets can't be put in a folder so I can't have it on the standard apps bar.

life.contacts is quite nice but I want this on the first screen on the phone and it takes up too much space. Had it been a single button with a drop/pop menu with the contacts it would have been close to perfect.

Anyone know of similar apps?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones