• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

widget to turn off exchange sync?

It seems odd to me to add a manual process of disabling and then re-enabling sync. Why not let it do its thing and just modify your notifications? There are currently a number of apps for managing notifications.

The apps I have tried for managing notifications suck. I haven't found one, for instance, that will let me create a profile that turns on notifications for some email accounts (e.g., gmail) but off for others (e.g., exchange).

Do you have a recommendation?

Upvote 0
I also need to find a way to do this. When I'm at work I'm on the secured company wireless and can access the exchange server. When I'm off-site, I can't. This means sync is constantly failing and retrying, popping up a notice and using up battery needlessly.

I don't understand why the app itself doesn't provide a way to control syncing! Offline mode?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones