• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Widget uninstall

Thanks a lot, that works. These are the things not told in manual.
A new one, how can I zoom the camera?

There is a difference between an optical and a digital zoom. With an optical zoom, there is no loss of quality when zooming. I've never seen a cellphone with an optical zoom.

A digital zoom is useless in my opinion, because you can just crop and enlarge the picture you've taken, and the loss of quality will be the same.

BUT, if you use the digital zoom, the focus will not be as good, and the "shaking" effect will be even worse. It's better to not use a digital zoom.

Upvote 0
Got it. Digital zoom is what I was looking for. But this camera is 5Mb so I can crop the pics with computer and the quality can still be reasonable. If I want take "real" photographs I carry my Nikon D40 with me.
I was just wondering how phone of this price be without digital zoom...

If you really want a digital zoom (don't forget, cropping is BETTER than zooming), there are some free camera applications that can do it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones