1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

WidgetLocker Lockscreen

Last Updated:

1. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Fully customize your lock screen.

Place standard Android Widgets on your lock screen. Can be configured from app or even from the lock screen itself, long-press to add/move/remove, just like on the home screen.

Option for "easy wake", use any button (volume, camera, trackball, etc) to wake.

Introductory sale, only $0.99!

[​IMG]

Market Link
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

A little glitchy at times, but what I had been looking for in a lock screen app.

3. kevin@teslacoilsw

4. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

Definitely running much better. I'll notify you if there are any others that pop up.

5. syrguy1969

syrguy1969 Well-Known Member

Quick question about this great lock app!!!!

I have a problem with not being able to turn the stock alarm app off while running WidgetLocker. Is this a known bug, or is there a fix for it that I haven't tried? (I spent about 5 minutes trying everything I could (short of popping the battery) to turn the alarm off this morning, but without the Sense unlock running I couldn't dismiss the alarm to save my life LOL!!!!

6. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

such a great app.

7. kevin@teslacoilsw

It seems that in certain conditions WidgetLocker 1.2.2 is hiding the Sense alarm. Sense UI really should make an alternative way of turning the thing off... I'm testing a fix that seems to be working and makes the alarm dialog always appear. (PM me your email address if you want the beta)

8. CEV

CEV Well-Known Member

I have not completed the install of this app yet. The install says it wants access to the part of the phone to make phone calls. What exactly does this mean? And since Froyo will soon be out for my X, will this be compatible with it?

9. coercri

coercri Member

Great app, one thing I would love is a automatic changer for the screenlock paper, any chance in an update?

10. udiaz75

udiaz75 Member

I've just updated the software and now when I slide to mute or set the phone to vibrate, when a calls come in the ringer turns on. However, the strange part is if I unlock the phone, it shows that the phone is set to vibrate.

Any ideas?

11. kevin@teslacoilsw

Can you try disabling WidgetLocker and seeing if the behavior persists? This is curious. (Also try a reboot if you haven't).

If you want to revert to the old version to test it send me an email with your order number and I can email you the older APK.

I know these posts are a bit old, but in case someone else is wondering the same
    This means that WidgetLocker has the ability to place a phone call. The reason WidgetLocker has this ability is because you might place a one-click dial shortcut on WidgetLocker or add a custom slider to WidgetLocker to place a phone call. WidgetLocker won't make any phone calls if you don't use Direct Dial shortcuts.

I'll keep this in mind.

12. udiaz75

udiaz75 Member

13. udiaz75

udiaz75 Member

14. kevin@teslacoilsw

udiaz75 likes this.
  15. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

Do any of these lockscreen widgets work with Froyo? When I was running Android 1.5 and 2.1, I would keep my screen pattern-locked most of the time, since it lives in my pants' pocket and I want to avoid it activating accidentally. Then when I get into the car and place my phone in a cup holder, I would unlock the phone once and click a widget which would leave it unlocked (for easy access to GPS, etc.) for the duration of my ride, when I would lock the phone again and put it back in my pocket.

Now with Android 2.2 I can't do this with the lock pattern, because apparently the security mechanisms don't permit it; one must re-enter the lock pattern several times, which is very time-consuming. Is there another approach for 2.2 users? I don't need very strong security, just want to avoid accidental phone calls and other accidental activations.

16. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

I was curious Kevin if you're going to have the custom themes update sometime soon. I remember reading about it and if turns out anything like Beautiful Widgets or Launcher Pro with the customization that'd be awesome.

17. Walton1

Walton1 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is obvious to others but I have a non-rooted HTC Desire running stock 2.2. Will this app work or does it need to be rooted. Thanks

18. Legato

Legato Well-Known Member

You do not need to be rooted to use this app. It will run fine stock. :D

Walton1 likes this.