• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Widgetlocker override on the Galaxy S5 lock screen

Widgetlocker is pretty cool for pimping your own lock screen, and I used it on my Galaxy S3 for 2 years. But on my Galaxy S5, I can't figure out how to make it override the stock lock screen IF you hit the Home button.

To clarify, it works perfectly with the after tapping the Power/Lock button on the top right side, but if I hit the Power/Lock button and THEN the Home button, I'm taken to the stock lock screen. That should not happen. Widgetlocker should be the only way to unlock the phone.

I'm sure it must be a Widgetlocker setting, but I can't find it.

If I set the lock screen to None, I'm taken directly to my Home screen (instead of the stock lock screen) when I hit the Home button.

Telling WidgetLocker to override the stock lock screen apparently implements Easy Wake Mode. The stock lock screen is responsible for disabling the hardware buttons (volume, camera, trackball, etc.) while the device is sleeping. It is not possible to disable the stock lock screen without causing all the hardware buttons to awake the device. I don't really want all my hardware buttons to wake the device.

Thanks, but any other ideas?

Reactions: Android Apk
Upvote 0
Samsung likes to be difficult - they don't seem to understand that a user might potentially want to replace one of their preinstalled apps or capabilities.

I'm not sure if the option is still available, but have you looked for "Enable Settings > Advanced > HomeHelper: HomeHelper Component"? I think that was the workaround on older Galaxy devices. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Seems to be working with this configuration under Advanced. I should note that I'm using an S5 Active, not the regular S5.

WidgetLocker.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones