Widgetlocker Wallpaper issues

1. lance1313

lance1313 New Member

Hello. I'm a new android user and have been having fun customizing my phone. I'm currently running Widget Locker and Nova Launcher among many other apps. I believe it's a complicatoin with these two and standard Android OS that's causing the issue. When I go into Android settings and select wallpaper I am have options of selecting HomeScreen and Lockscreen but they aren't working properly. HomeScreen - When selected updates both the Lockscreen and Homescreen with the new picture. Lockscreen - When selected does not update anything. I select the image as normal but nothing changes. Any help on this would be great.

Advertisement
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

You have to change the lockscreen wallpaper within the widgetlocker app mate :thumbup:
  3. lance1313

lance1313 New Member

I know there is the option to set the wall paper in widget locker and yes that option does work. The problem is that that method doesn't allow for the same resolution of picture to be selected. When I select pictures from within widgetlocker they are significantly cropped. When I select through android settings they are not. I currently have both screens set at the proper resolution via android setting but I want to change the homescreen and am unable.
  4. funkylogik

I dont use a locker but i use Nova. What if you set the homescreen wallpaper via Nova by long-tapping the screen?
  5. lance1313

lance1313 New Member

Long tapping and reseting in nova will also reset both the homescreen and the lockscreen.
  6. funkylogik

Hmm sorry then mate. I dont remember having any problems with resolution on WL but i have pretty bad vision :)
    I used WL before i started usin Nova so maybe there is issues between the two apps
  7. lance1313

lance1313 New Member

Thanks for trying. Maybe someone else will have had the same issue. Widgetlocker only allows me to select a much smaller area of the same picture...
  8. Mark LaFlamme

Mark LaFlamme Well-Known Member

I totally understand the issue you're having and I'm at work searching for a solution. The problem is that when you download wallpaper specifically for your device, it's sized up because it's scrollable. When you want to put that image on your lock screen, it demands that you use only a chunk because you're not going to be scrolling your lock screen. What we need is a fast way to resize that image specifically for the lockscreen.
  9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

WidgetLocker is not affected by the Android settings Lockscreen Wallpaper option because it's not exactly a lockscreen. The app works by acting as a homescreen which is put on top of the secure lockscreen.
  10. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You need to enable Alternative Wallpaper in Widgetlocker - Settings/Look & Feel. Then you can choose the lockscreen wallpaper independently of the homescreen one.

The 'crop box' can be expanded but only to the max pixel dimensions of your display e.g. 1080x1920 in my own case.
  11. JoAnn77PL

JoAnn77PL New Member

My question is similar to the above ones and I know I will sound lame but - I keep on trying to load my own chosen wall in WidgetLocker (with NovaLauncher) and there is no chance in changing it from the general one, the one on the main screen. I tried with SSLauncher, Apex and some other strange launchers. It seems that my galaxy tab 2 10'1 doesn't cooperate with WL as it does on my phone :( Has anyone had similar problem? My walls are 1280x800, maybe that is the problem??
  12. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Not sure what you are trying to say, but have you tried setting the wallpaper from Widgetlocker 's own settings?
  13. JoAnn77PL

JoAnn77PL New Member

Oh believe me, I did. Countless times. What I was trying to say: I have SG tab 10'1". It's rooted. I have all of the launcher original, in pro versions, purchased from Play Store, as well as Widget Locker. So far, I was using WL with BuzzLauncher and SSLauncher on my phone and I had no problems. When I tried to use WL on tablet, I came across such difficulty: I was opening WL, clicking alternative wallpaper and I was choosing one I had on my device (uploaded). After that the wall would not appear. The basic wallpaper from launcher, for example SSLauncher would stay unchanged. So, I uninstalled SSLauncher and swapped to Apex. Same situation. Now, I'm on Nova and I still have no possibility of choosing alternative wallpaper. Well, I can choose it but it won't appear. I have no idea why is that and what should I do.