• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Widgets + Apps (Recommendations)

Hi Guys,

I have changed so so much on my x10 mini so far. I can't get enough!

I just wanted to ask everybody what they recommend widgets and apps wise?

I currently have:

ADW Launcher
btunes
Beuatiful Widgets
LED Light
Task Manager (The best one out might I add, been through them all)
Lockbot pro
Last call widget
Handcent SMS
Copilot live
Andexplorer
APKtor
Toss it pro
Word search
Smart Keyboard Pro

Could anybody recommend any apps that could replace/better the ones above? Apart from Task Manager, it is the best.

Also does anybody know if there are any similar games to The Moron Test?

Loving this phone, after installing ADW my battery lasts for 4 days! :eek:

My use - 2g always, never use 3g, 2-3hours music a day, most times through the loudspeaker! Sometimes use wifi, Brightness at the lowest, have rooted the phone and have deleted timescape, homescreen and roadsync! :D

I can only fill two home screens at the moment, dont want to put shortcuts to apps on them, whats the point in the drawer if I do that?

Thanks in advance guys, looking forward to your thoughts/recommendations!

Just got a question, why do you need the "last call widget"?
You have the list of outgoing/incoming/lost calls 1 tapp away if you have the dialer on the home screen.
Unless I'm missing something here....

Also, I still would love if anyone knows of any app that solves the following :
- save mms content to SD card
- NON-Threaded SMS (I DO need to keep single messages from people - but don't want to keep the complete thread)
- Folders in the SMS app, other then inbox and sent, would be nice to have more custom categories. (and even auto-move to category based on what contact the sms came from).

And no, using 3-4 different apps for this should not be necessary - it just mess up things.

Or, should I just start to program this Android-thingy myself (another project on my list) since this doesn't seem to be of any other users interest?

Upvote 0
Just got a question, why do you need the "last call widget"?
You have the list of outgoing/incoming/lost calls 1 tapp away if you have the dialer on the home screen.
Unless I'm missing something here....

Also, I still would love if anyone knows of any app that solves the following :
- save mms content to SD card
- NON-Threaded SMS (I DO need to keep single messages from people - but don't want to keep the complete thread)
- Folders in the SMS app, other then inbox and sent, would be nice to have more custom categories. (and even auto-move to category based on what contact the sms came from).

And no, using 3-4 different apps for this should not be necessary - it just mess up things.

Or, should I just start to program this Android-thingy myself (another project on my list) since this doesn't seem to be of any other users interest?

I use the last call widget because I don't use any icons on my homescreen... so no dialer or anything.
I prefer widgets... they look much better than icons or shortcuts.

Regarding the single messages, I personally prefer the threads.
Not sure if people want to take the step backwards of having the single messages, last phone that did that for me I think was a Nokia 3510 :rolleyes:

Also not sure about the MMS to SD, I don't use MMS often so can't really comment on that one...

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

I have changed so so much on my x10 mini so far. I can't get enough!

I just wanted to ask everybody what they recommend widgets and apps wise?

I currently have:

ADW Launcher
btunes
Beuatiful Widgets
LED Light
Task Manager (The best one out might I add, been through them all)
Lockbot pro
Last call widget
Handcent SMS
Copilot live
Andexplorer
APKtor
Toss it pro
Word search
Smart Keyboard Pro

Could anybody recommend any apps that could replace/better the ones above? Apart from Task Manager, it is the best.

Also does anybody know if there are any similar games to The Moron Test?

Loving this phone, after installing ADW my battery lasts for 4 days! :eek:

My use - 2g always, never use 3g, 2-3hours music a day, most times through the loudspeaker! Sometimes use wifi, Brightness at the lowest, have rooted the phone and have deleted timescape, homescreen and roadsync! :D

I can only fill two home screens at the moment, dont want to put shortcuts to apps on them, whats the point in the drawer if I do that?

Thanks in advance guys, looking forward to your thoughts/recommendations!

Hi,

Where can I find adw launcher. I've tried looking on appbrain but all i can find is apps for it!

I'm still get used to the phone after switching from a BB so its all new to me!!

I installed Ultimate Juice defender hoping this would solve battery life problem.... but no joy!!

I intsalled slideIT Keyboard for qwerty keyboard but don't use as its too fiddly and I'm getting used to the standard keyboard.

There are so many task killers but the one I use is Advanced Task Killer
by ReChild it seems to do the trick.

Handcent SMS has been one of my favourite apps so far.

I'm trying to look for a way to get multiple widgets on a single home page but haven't found one that works on the X10 mini yet. So if anybody knows one that would be helpful.

Lee

Upvote 0
Hi,

Where can I find adw launcher. I've tried looking on appbrain but all i can find is apps for it!

I'm still get used to the phone after switching from a BB so its all new to me!!

I installed Ultimate Juice defender hoping this would solve battery life problem.... but no joy!!

I intsalled slideIT Keyboard for qwerty keyboard but don't use as its too fiddly and I'm getting used to the standard keyboard.

There are so many task killers but the one I use is Advanced Task Killer
by ReChild it seems to do the trick.

Handcent SMS has been one of my favourite apps so far.

I'm trying to look for a way to get multiple widgets on a single home page but haven't found one that works on the X10 mini yet. So if anybody knows one that would be helpful.

Lee

Hi Lee,

My recommendations for you:

1. Use Task Manager (by Rhythm Software) instead of Advanced (It makes a hell of a difference honest)

2. ADW Launcher (Donut Version) can be found on the market or use APKtor (Guides for that one are on google) also all over this forum..
Using ADW will make your phone faster, use less battery and you can have your multiple widgets :)

3. Juice defender uses more memory and battery power (Manually turn off data like 3g, wifi and turn off autosync instead) get rid of that app.

To everybody else:

Any good games for the mini at least?
Haven't really had a good response for my original post yet?

Thanks!

Reactions: leewoodford
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones