Widgets are not updating on screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. vwblackgolf

vwblackgolf New Member

Downloaded few non samsung apps such as "smooth calendar", "beautiful widgets", "n7 music player" and ive noticed that widgets are not updating on the phone. Samsung widgets are working just fine. Phone is rooted but no custom ROM running just touchwiz removed some sprint apps via titanium backup. Tried custom ROM jelly bomb or ice both giving me same problem not sure if anyone is having similar problem.
    The only time widget will work is after reboot then it works for hour or so and it stops. Ive looked through this site to find anything similar to my problem no luck.
    Ive even attempted to download samsung rom and unroot the phone thinking maybe I deleted something I shouldnt have still no luck.
    I do have webroot protection .99 cents for year I had it uninstalled thinking its the problem since its showing as one of the admin of the phone deleted sd card content factory wipe OEM Rom sprint branded. All went well upon restart downloaded those apps again and same thing...
    Ive also done app permission fix but no go.

Any help would be appreciated. This is my first post on here and any forum in general. Usually im savvy in finding things on my own but im stuck on this one

Thanks in advance

Mio

Advertisement
  2. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

vwblackgolf likes this.
  3. vwblackgolf

vwblackgolf New Member

Thanks for the reply :)

Im gonna try to see which app might be causing all widgets to stop working... process of elimination...

Thanks again
  4. vwblackgolf

vwblackgolf New Member

Found the problem widget by current caller id app, looks like its causing other widgets to freeze and stop updating. Im gonna have to go without it

Thanks for help

Attached Files:

5. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Glad you got to the bottom of the issue and thanks for posting the solution.