Widgets disappearing on Launcher ProSupport

Last Updated:

1. philarmer

philarmer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,

Installed Launcher Pro Plus at the beginning of the week and spent some time downloading apps/widgets to make it look nice :).

The problem arose after a trip to the cinema, where I seen Salt and would recommend it :p, when the film finished I turned my phone back on and where my widgets were there was just a greyed out box, the size of the widget, with the message "Problem Loading Widget"

I deleted these from the homescreens and went to put them back but they had disappeared from the widget list!! The apps are still installed but just no option to add as a widget & the only way to enable the widgets I found is to uninstall & reinstall the app.

It isnt every widget though, Facebook, LastFM, Spotify & Beautiful Widgets all work fine but the following have all crashed and disappeared everytime I turn off the phone:

Jorte
    MixZing
    BattStatt
    Tajm

Any ideas????

Phil

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I have that issue if I uninstall an app or widget, but leave it on the home screen...

Are these listed above installed on the SD card? have you done a battery pull since this issue occurred?

philarmer likes this.
  3. philarmer

You've got it in one, every widget that fails is on my SD card. Can't believe I didn't think of that. :eek:

Ok different question now is there anyway to run the widgets from the SD card without them crashing lol

4. SUroot

Anything on your home screen really should be running from internal memory. Are you using Froyo with the "Move to SD" option?

5. philarmer

Yea i'm running Froyo and also have enabled the force to SD using USB debugging mode. I think i'll just have to be careful how many widgets I use as to keep as little in my phone memory as possible.

6. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, I guess there's no way of getting the HTC clock and HTC related stuff in LauncherPro is there?

7. SUroot

Unfortunately not, they are coded to only work in sense. Sense is kind of a selling point for HTC

8. philarmer

Afraid not however if you download beautiful widgets from the market then they have some pretty good look-a-likes along with some more very nice alternatives