widgets lagging phone and redraws.

Last Updated:

1. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been flashing roms a long time, since the days of sholesmod. Things have gotten easier, developers add great tools to roms to make switching over even easier, but there is one thing no matter what rom i run that i notice. Typically after 2-3 days after rom and kernal settles in, no matter what rom( I have tried almost all) i get so many redraws and home screen lag that i am starting to get tired of having a slow phone. I know your going to ask how much memory i have left on the internal(normally roughly at least 90 mb), Did i wipe boot/system/ data/cache/ yes before every rom install religiously. Am i over clocked? yes normally run in the 1200s, my droid is a beast at accepting every kernal/rom i throw at it. Lately i have been running lfy 1.7 and UD 2.0 in the last month and they start off so fast and impressive and then just get so lagged after a few days. I typically use launcher pro, although i have used adw alot, some roms work better with one or the other. I always use titanium backup, i always let the new rom install its own system apps and never use backups from other roms.I can deal with some lag at times but my biggest thing is app draw re-draw and when i have more than say 5 widgets running it gets so bad. a big culprit seems to be beautiful widgets, yes its pretty much my favorite of all. I am looking for any good advice from all the amazing helpers in these forums. My current set up is UD2.0(first time with UD) i still am running the stock kernal but looking for best advice on working (non-boot-looping) kernals to try that have ulv and interactive governors. Seriously thank you to all the guys who help out in here, i would have never learned what i know today about android if it weren't for you guys.

Advertisement
  2. Bunsen Honeydew

Bunsen Honeydew Well-Known Member

bigdroiddog likes this.
  3. bigdroiddog

i will go try that, thank you so much.

4. Bunsen Honeydew

Bunsen Honeydew Well-Known Member

I haven't had redraws in a long time, but I am uncertain when it stopped happening. Another thing I have been doing is using Swapper 2 to utilize a swap file.

5. BoostedFalcon

BoostedFalcon Active Member

I was getting redraw issues after a few days of installing new roms no matter which one I installed. I've been using the new Simply Stunning and it has been performing flawlessly. Absolutely no slow redraws after almost 3 weeks of using it.

6. bigdroiddog

Question, i tried the method you noted and once i type in everything within the terminal, is it supposed to say something? I typed it in as specified and hit enter and it just opened up another line starting with a # symbol, i rebooted into recovery and wiped cache and i do not notice any changes to be honest. I also installed swapper 2 and things seemed to work a tad better, i think it did more for my quadrant benchmarks(1550s) and mflop(1650s) scores.