Widgets never load up after off/on?

Last Updated:

1. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So whenever I shut my phone off and turn it back on my widgets never load up and I constantly have to remove them from the screen and put them back on. Does everyone have to do this??

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

My battery widget does this

3. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

When my widgets don't load, I usually flip my scenes to the left and right a couple times until they show up. Usually they load up after switching the scenes once or twice.

4. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

+1 i always go through all my pages and when i go back to the home screen everything is there and loaded up right

5. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

One trick that works for me is grabbing the widget like you are going to move it then wiggle it around for a second and then plop it back down.

6. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

My experience, the more widgets = the longer it takes for my Hero to fully boot up.

Especially ones like facebook and sportstap. For some reason, Express News refuses to reload after a soft reset so I always have to dump it (since it's a shadowed area stating "express news loading" or something) and then reinstall. Also, the latest SMS unread count widget gives you several cool looking icons (which look better than stock or handcent) never saves which custom icon. It will refresh, but just goes to the default.

7. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. The ones I seem to have the most problems with are pure calendar (still not loaded and I tried all the tricks) and finance widget for my stocks.

8. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member

It's a known bug on the Sprint Hero where the widgets don't refresh properly after a phone reboot or home restart.

Some developers are actually adding a configuration workaround of sorts to their widgets, though this has the negative effect only allowing one instance of the widget to be running at one time. (MoreIcons and Weather Forecast Widget v2 are two apps I know of that are doing this.)

I haven't seen anything where HTC is planning to address this. I'm hoping that the ROM devs can resolve it now that the full development source code has been released.