Widgets "not showing" and still reboots...Froyo BB

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With 0.1 and 0.2 there is a weird problem.
    Aside from my phone rebooting under load (Navigation running, then taking a call) - the widgets are funked.

I don't know what triggers it, but even with a simple reboot or nandroid back up my widgets don't load - just the black box marker.
    I have fixed permissions, the apps go to internal memory, IDK.
    Even after a fresh nandroid backup, when I restore it - previously working widgets don't show up (just the place holder).

I can only pin this on the DropTheme that I have, but it worked fine with the initial (non BB) Froyo.

I am going to try non-themed 0.2.1 - nandroid it - theme it - nandroid it and test both.
    If it's FUBAR, I am just going to have to go back to non modded Froyo or 2.1.
    Any light on this subject? Maybe something I missed deep in the threads?

Thanks
    Nick

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I think you already know this, but I am gonna say it anyway.

Apps may go to internal memory - but any apps that were installed / updated before you made the change to disable Apps2SD will still be on your SDCard.

Read my post here: http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...ble-transferred-sd-card-2-2-a.html#post954590

After that, read my post here: http://androidforums.com/all-things...frf57-froyo-new-release-out-4.html#post954263

Between those two, it's clear that just changing that value in terminal / in the file will stop all future installs. the ones before, though, are already on the SDCard.

3. inssane

Hmm, I must have overlooked that.
    This may be what's happening because now when I open the application that has a widget that is not displaying properly, the app is not found by the OS.

I just need to find what the folder name is on the SD card to remove previous apps2sd.
    Seems like this may be the issue.
    The reboots however....we will see.

4. inssane

Might have found it
    .android_secure - folder
    asec - files

All of my apps are there.
    Let's see what happens when I delete this and then fire up 0.2.1 modified.
    Nick

5. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

I've had the reboot when the phone gets hot from over working too. (Not even THAT hot, I've had it way hotter before 2.2 and it didn't reboot)

6. inssane

ADW just crashed on me right before I was going to backup my completed setup.
    Widgets now failed again and when I swiped to the next screen, the phone locked and rebooted.
    Sorry to say this because I am a diehard, but this latest BB was rushed and is very subpar IMHO. I have only had issues with BB 2.2 from the start.

7. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Actually all you have to do is go into your settings, applications, apps on SD and move em from there. Or go to titanium backup and move em from there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. inssane

Unfortunately I am way past that and still having some issues.
    Most are worked out, maybe it was coincidence that ADW crapped and screwed my widgets.
    All good for right now and successfully backed up ROM.
    Let's see if I can leave it alone til morning now.

9. trikotret

trikotret Well-Known Member

Something strange happened to me yesterday. I had the problem with BB v0.2.1 with the widget problem. So I decided to install Froyo Kangerade V1.0.I did a wipe and data clear and the rom was running smooth.So i decided to install a drop theme over it called Black Glass theme. My setup was running fine until I rebooted. The widgets stopped showing again :( Couldnt figure out the problem. But I think it happened the minute I updated Launcher pro to 0.60. So I did everything over again with clean install and never updated the launcher pro. So far so good.

10. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

I've left BB until it gets better reviews. No problems on Kangerade with stock kernel it comes with.

11. trikotret

trikotret Well-Known Member

Never mind of not having any problems. I just rebooted my phone and 3 widgets say problem loading. I dont get it. Im not using BB. any idea why :(

12. DeyC3

DeyC3 New Member

Titanium says SetCPU and Retro Widgets ARE in phone not SD. Widgets still won't load.