Widgets showing incorrect time, help!Support

1. motoracer1486

motoracer1486 Well-Known Member

Strange issue I've had since upgrading to 4.4.2 (coincidence maybe?)...My phone keeps the correct time in the notification bar, but my widget doesn't ever change the time. If I restart my phone, the widget will have the new current time, but won't change after that. This is happening with both beautiful widgets and fancy widgets. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both to no avail. Any suggestions?

AT&T/non rooted by the way.

Advertisement
  2. motoracer1486

Is it just me with this issue?
  3. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

Apparently not enough AT&T GS4 users have moved to KK yet for this to be a widespread problem.

I'm still on 4.3 myself.
  4. motoracer1486

Ended up having to do a hard reset on my phone...fixed the issue, but man is it taking a lot of time to get everything back. :(
  5. Canesfan

Canesfan Well-Known Member

I actually had the time update problem with my clock with Fancy Widgets, intermittently, before the KK update, not since. It is too soon to call since the update though.
  6. GrahamSwanepoel

GrahamSwanepoel New Member

Hi Motoracer.

I upgraded to KK4.4.2, and guess what. You and me are in the same boat. Here is my email : grahamswnpl74@gmail.com

Please inform me if you come across a fix. I will do the same, also send me your email.
    Reason: sometimes forum sites get blocked where I work.
    Thanks.
    Graham.
    South Africa
  7. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

did you try a clear cache/data for the specific widget app(s) before trying a factory reset?
    This would have possibly saved you a lot of time.