widgets?

Last Updated:

1. jlinn75

jlinn75 Member This Topic's Starter

On the motorola android phone.. i was curious if anyone knew if you could customize it like the HTC Hero with the scrolling widgets(i guess) It looks very polished didnt know if that was possible with the android...thanks

let me add.. can you put the the "SENSE UI" on it?

Advertisement
  2. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to know this, too. I think at first glance the Hero looks much more polished than the Droid.

3. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

Most likely this will only be done with the "SENSE UI" via custom ROMs. HTC wrote it for their phones and it is up to them if they will sell it for non-HTC phones.

This is a google experience phone, which means it is vanilla Android out of the box. You'll have a choice of home/theme applications that change the UI from the android marketplace. Panda and aHome are two that I have heard people say they liked.

If you are absolutely in love with the SENSE UI and you want the Verizon network, you may want to get the HTC Hero for Verizon that is rumored to be announced soon and out on Verizon's network sometime during this holiday season.

4. jlinn75

ahome looks pretty good.. what I like about Motorola Droid.. is the physical keyboard.. the HTC Hero doesnt have that does it?

5. Jacqueline

No keyboard on the hero. I am hoping when they release a higher-end android phone it will have a keyboard, though.

6. jlinn75

with the source code from HTC Hero kernel source being released does that mean the SENSE UI could be used on MOTOROLA DROID?

7. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member

I also am VERY curious to know this.

8. Jacqueline

The source code is for the OS, not the Sense UI.