• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Widgit or Short Cut?

I am curious if it is better to use the widgit for an application, or the short cut to the application. For example, there is a widgit for market, and a shortcut for market. Same for Handcent and several others. They appear to take the same real estate, so I wondered if one is easier on the processor and battery than the other. Thanks in advance for your ideas.:thinking:

If you don't want things running in the background as much, I would stick with the icon from the app tray or the custom shortcut. That said, if your phone runs fine with a couple of widgets, I would not worry about it. If your still using ADW on CM6, there are things you can check and uncheck when using a lot widgets, menu, settings, ADWLauncher, System Preferences

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones