• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wierd behavior, Save Wifi networks forgotten, Camera photos deleted

amallon

Lurker
Sep 14, 2013
Hi,

My note 3 is doing some weird stuff. Its forgetting my saved wifi networks every week or so. There is one location where I go twice a week, and have joined the wifi network. For the last 3 weeks I have to enter the wifi password at least once a week when I go there despite this already being a 'known' network. Even my home network requires me to enter the password every now and again.

When I upgraded from the S3 I was under the impression that Google Backup would restore all my saved Wifi networks onto the Note 3, this didn't work for me. When I went from the S2 to the S3 before that saved Wifi networks didn't get restored across either. Maybe something wrong with my Google account??

I've had the phone since October, a few weeks after I got the phone I noticed the Camera folder was empty and all my photos were gone. I hadn't really been using the camera in anger and wasn't that worried about it. Now I've had the same thing happen again, the Camera folder was gone from Gallery and all my photos missing. I had google backup so they are in the cloud so I can still get them but would like to know why this is happening.

I connected the phone to the computer and looked in camera\dcim but only photos taken since are there and the old ones are nowhere to be seen.

Any ideas?

Hi,

My note 3 is doing some weird stuff. Its forgetting my saved wifi networks every week or so. There is one location where I go twice a week, and have joined the wifi network. For the last 3 weeks I have to enter the wifi password at least once a week when I go there despite this already being a 'known' network. Even my home network requires me to enter the password every now and again.

When I upgraded from the S3 I was under the impression that Google Backup would restore all my saved Wifi networks onto the Note 3, this didn't work for me. When I went from the S2 to the S3 before that saved Wifi networks didn't get restored across either. Maybe something wrong with my Google account??

I've had the phone since October, a few weeks after I got the phone I noticed the Camera folder was empty and all my photos were gone. I wasn't really been using the camera in anger and wasn't that worried about it. Now I've had the same thing happen again, the Camera folder was gone from Gallery and all my photos missing. I had google backup so they are in the cloud so I can still get them but would like to know why this is happening.

I connected the phone to the computer and looked in camera\dcim but only photos taken since are there and the old ones are nowhere to be seen.

Any ideas?

Were there any pictures in your phone's Internal SD Card when you first bought your phone? I'm asking to check whether you synced the "Picasa Web Albums" option in the sync settings when you first received your phone. If you didn't then no pictures would be on your phone depending on what the default sync settings are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones