Wierd Contacts Problem in GAOSP

Last Updated:

1. dakodon

dakodon Member This Topic's Starter

Can anybody help me out?

I am using latest (09/10/2010) GAOSP Nightly Built in my mobile. I have tried 3 different versions of GAOSP. I am using MyBackup Pro for backup and restoring my contacts and sms.

I noticed that my contacts are cloned everytime I install a new version of Nightly Built. I had originally around 600 contacts and now they are 2400 of them. 3 clones of each contact.

How to avoid this and also any application which can remove this clones.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Hi I have noticed lately on the nightly that you can not enter new contacts on the phone only sync them from Gmail, it's probably a bug, just have to wait until the beta release and hope it's fixed on it :)
    For your contacts you could try to remove them from "contacts" in Gmail,then re-sync, that is if you use a google contact account.Otherwise I hope someone else can help you out.

3. sgx100

sgx100 Well-Known Member

Do a complete wipe. I suppose you are installing the update over the installed ROM

4. sgx100

sgx100 Well-Known Member

IO accept this is a bug
    Even after having set up gmail on the phone My Backup Pro asked me to set up a google account first before it could restore my contacts. It restored everything but the contacts.

I then installed in from a previous .vcf file using VcardIO from the market

5. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

I always install (recover) my contacts from a saved .vcf file on my internal SD card and do the sync with google. No problems whatsoever with it.

6. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

Never backup your contacts with BackupPro...that's the problem...and not GAOSP