• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wierd Contacts Problem in GAOSP

Can anybody help me out?

I am using latest (09/10/2010) GAOSP Nightly Built in my mobile. I have tried 3 different versions of GAOSP. I am using MyBackup Pro for backup and restoring my contacts and sms.

I noticed that my contacts are cloned everytime I install a new version of Nightly Built. I had originally around 600 contacts and now they are 2400 of them. 3 clones of each contact.

How to avoid this and also any application which can remove this clones.

Thanks

Hi I have noticed lately on the nightly that you can not enter new contacts on the phone only sync them from Gmail, it's probably a bug, just have to wait until the beta release and hope it's fixed on it :)
For your contacts you could try to remove them from "contacts" in Gmail,then re-sync, that is if you use a google contact account.Otherwise I hope someone else can help you out.

Upvote 0
Can anybody help me out?

I am using latest (09/10/2010) GAOSP Nightly Built in my mobile. I have tried 3 different versions of GAOSP. I am using MyBackup Pro for backup and restoring my contacts and sms.

I noticed that my contacts are cloned everytime I install a new version of Nightly Built. I had originally around 600 contacts and now they are 2400 of them. 3 clones of each contact.

How to avoid this and also any application which can remove this clones.

Thanks

Do a complete wipe. I suppose you are installing the update over the installed ROM

Upvote 0
Hi I have noticed lately on the nightly that you can not enter new contacts on the phone only sync them from Gmail, it's probably a bug, just have to wait until the beta release and hope it's fixed on it :)

IO accept this is a bug
Even after having set up gmail on the phone My Backup Pro asked me to set up a google account first before it could restore my contacts. It restored everything but the contacts.

I then installed in from a previous .vcf file using VcardIO from the market

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones