• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wierd issue with Captivate...

sk1er18

Oct 16, 2010
My wife was having major issues with her phone. It wouldn't wake up after going to sleep and wouldn't turn on unless plugged into a charger, yet once it was on you could unplug it and be fine (battery wasn't showing as low). She also had an issue where she kept getting the "USB Plugged in" message in the message bar and it kept cycling... but no USB was detected.

She went a bit app crazy, not realizing her phone was like a computer. So she would download 5 of the same apps, find out which one she liked, but wouldn't delete the other 4. And she did that with every app...

Plus she always had a bunch of useless apps running. So the first thing I had her do was "scrub" her apps... basically uninstall EVERYTHING that she doesn't use. This was her first smart phone so she was a bit excited to play, now that she's through the honeymoon period and not downloading apps every 5 minutes i figured this would help.

Well, her phone runs a lot smoother... but she still had the weird "USB Plugged in" message popping up. So backed up her contacts and photos and wiped her phone clean.

Now , the USB message is gone, but it still needed to be plugged in after i turned it off once. Not sure if maybe she just needs a new battery? I've noticed that my battery life has been absolutely horrible lately too, but i don't have the issues she has (we both have the captivate).

Any suggestions are appreciated. I did some searching but didnt come across the same issue...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones