• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ~Wierd~My phone does NOT ring, Volume all the way UP~

Xman007

Aug 10, 2010
Hey Guys,

I have all my volume controls turned up, all the way. Yet, when someone calls it just vibarates. I don't even have the vibe turned on, but still it vibes, and does NOT ring. I'd like the vibe & ring (both) option. But would be happy with just the ring too... or have the choice to change when I want.

I used to have a very old MOTO Razr, which have PROFILE setting for: Meeting, Outdoor, Silent, Vibe, Normal, etc. I'm surprised The Hi-tech Droid X has nothing like that... :mad:

I know there was a bug when you used the "Smart Profile: Face Down to Silence" option. Once you silenced the phone by turning it face down, it would never ring again. You had to do a factory reset to get the ringer back.

I'm not sure if this was ever fixed in any of the subsequent updates. I've never seen anything that said it was fixed, but I clearly may have missed something.

Upvote 0
I know there was a bug when you used the "Smart Profile: Face Down to Silence" option. Once you silenced the phone by turning it face down, it would never ring again. You had to do a factory reset to get the ringer back.

I'm not sure if this was ever fixed in any of the subsequent updates. I've never seen anything that said it was fixed, but I clearly may have missed something.

This happened to someone in our office. Factory Reset solved the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones