• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wierd phone crash

I got a new samsung galaxy s2 a couple of days ago and was playing around with the lockscreen settings. I ticked the weather one and locked and unlocked the phone to check it out. It showed the homescreen instead of the lockscreen then the screen got unresponsive and then kept getting 'Tw launcher has crashed'. The only way to fix was too hard reset the phone. Is my phone faulty? Is there a fix?

Ps. Running android 4, no roms etc.

Hello and welcome.

It would be helpful if we knew a little more. Is the phone brand new? As in unused before? Then go to settings, then about phone and post a screen shot or tell us exactly what all the information is there.

It is rather an unusual problem, and personally I have no idea why it is happening. The information requested will help other members and give them some thing to go on.

Upvote 0
Try the obvious: reset the TWlauncher settings by deleting the TWLauncher configuration data in the Settings | Applications | "All" Tab, and see if the problem arises again? Your custom homescreen settings will disappear and you'll need to reconfigure if the problem doesnt happen anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones