wierd problem !

1. marco562

marco562 Well-Known Member

Ok I was running a 4.1 jellybean Rom (gangnam) for a while no problems I was receiving sms,mms everything was working right how it was supposed to but now I'm having a problem I can't receive sms or mms ..it was working perfectly before but now like I said I'm not receiving any sms or mms . When I noticed the problem I did a wipe cache/delvik but still no luck I even restored a backup that I had and still sms n mms were not receiving.. I tried another Rom (midnight jellybean) and still I could not receive sms or mms.. I then flashed a sense based Rom (midnight Rom) and that's when sms n mms started working right:confused: ..any ideas why this is happening? I wanna go back to jellybean but my phoneis acting up with sms n mms..:mad:

Advertisement
  2. BackHandLegend

BackHandLegend Well-Known Member

have you payed your bill?
  3. marco562

I paid my bill a week ago.. I can make calls surf web ect. But I can't receive SMS or MMS on any jellybean ROM even if I flash the MMS.apk fix .... if I flash a sense based ROM I get no issues and that's what I'm stuck with:(
  4. howlofdawn

howlofdawn Active Member

Same problem here. Noticed two days ago I wouldn't get replies from people .
    I tested by sending myself a message. It would confirmed the sending but I never receive it. Same when people replied. It would confirm on their end but I would get nothing.

I remember VM messages about network updates but that a friend of mine also on VM received messages fine.

So its unlikely its a network issue (as everything else works)

Anyone with some more insight I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I guess its time to bring back a sense ROM.
  5. marco562

Yup exactly how mines is acting up... I guess I'm not the only one..
    I tried doing everything I can imagine to fix the problem but no luck...
  6. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

It seems to work fine for me. SMS, anyway. MMS...not so much...but I'm in the middle of breaking things...so thats my own fault :<
  7. marco562

Could this problem be from flashing alot of roms..?
  8. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

My guess is no...I flash about 6 roms a day >.>
  9. marco562

does anyone have a clue to why I can't receive sms or mms on any cm10 based Rom even with mms fix ? Could it be a network problem....( I could receive sms or mms on sense)
  10. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Instead of flashing the MMS fix, use es file explorer and manually put the files in the zip into your phone, and delete any files that is deleted in updater-script(I forgot which ones).
  11. marco562

That process didn't work ether .. I don't understand why my phone is doing this.. even cm10 roms that have the mms.apk fix like midnight jellybean sms and mms wont receive on my phone..
  12. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Try messing with radios; worth a shot. And make sure whlen you do the steps I menti OKned in my last post, that you reboot afterwards, and wipe cache/dalvik cache