Wierd reset, shut off.

Last Updated:

1. bapestachris

bapestachris New Member

Hi my name is chris and i just registered to the android forms. i have noticed a few problems with my droid (but still loves it). ive had my phone reset on my a handfull amount of time, one when im making a call, it seems to freeze the call making it impossible for me to drop or navigate anywhere. other times have happend randomly while browsing or while playing with apps. Another big problem i had is my droid turning off without me knowing before i go to sleep. I woke up this morning without the alarm clock because it had turned off! i tried turning it back on but nothing happend, i had to take out the battery and wait for a while, put it back in then it started up again. I cant have this happening if im going to rely on it to wake me up for work. Anyone else experiencing this problem??

Advertisement
  2. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

This is very uncommon but it may be a result of additional apps. Improper installation of openhome (I believe) did this to me. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it stopped. Just to cover yourself, I'd swap out for another droid to ensure that it's not just a defect in the device itself since it seems to be happening with quite some frequency.
  3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

These things don't happen on properly functioning devices. I have never had my Droid restart or shut down without my telling it to. Others who have had restarting / powering off problems have replaced their device and found that the new one works just fine.
  4. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me how to restart/reboot my moto droid with out having to turn it off then on again?