Wife and I getting our EVOs today, can we share one marketplace account?

Last Updated:

1. maximus96

maximus96 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

We share our appstore account across our two iphones. Can this be done with the android market place? [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Advertisement
  2. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

I don't think so, since it works off of your gmail account. Unless you made a joint gmail account... then i'm not sure the same gmail account can be used on two phones.

3. maximus96

well that sucks

4. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Been wondering the same thing.

5. Incredible_Senor

Incredible_Senor Active Member

Well each of you will have the opportunity to sign in to your gmail account on the phones. Both of you should just try to sign in with the same accounts. I actually don't see why it wouldn't work. I just find it hard to believe it would say "this account is already signed in on another phone."

6. stevenw00

stevenw00 Well-Known Member

Not knocking what you're wanting to do, but why? I'm not sure what benefit there would be to having a single account, that's all.

7. maximus96

but i don't want to sign into her email or her into mine as we have separate gmail accounts...can the market place account be different than the normal email account?

8. maximus96

the benefit is not paying for the same app twice, for apple's appstore, it meant not paying twice for the $99 navigation software.

Putty likes this.
  9. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

My wife and I used the same iTunes acct. With the EVO, I am not sure it is possible. You can enter the same credit card #, but the email would probably need to be different...Even if it isn't, would you want her in your email?

10. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Holy crap, you paid $99 for there navigation software? Do you not have a stand alone GPS? Or better yet, Google's free voice turn by turn is pretty badass as well.

11. lewi3069

lewi3069 Well-Known Member

Option 1:
    Yes use Google nav... It rocks! But I think in 2.1 you can set up more than one gmail account on your phone. So you two could make one account for your apps and then set up your gmails per phone.

Option 2:
    If you can only have one gmail set up on your phone in 2.1 then what you can do until 2.2 comes out is to set up the gmail as the same account that you setup for apps and then use Googles active sync for your separate gmail emails.

You can have one account on more than one device and dl your apps on both. Thats what I did when I had my Hero and my Evo 2 weeks before launch.

If you need clarification let me know in the thread or PM me.

12. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Better yet...Jailbreak and install them all for free and see which you like best. TomTom was the winner.

13. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Yes it can be done. As long as your primary gmail account is the same on both phones. I have a EVO, Droid and a G1 I use for Wi-Fi calls and they all share the same apps that I have purchased from the market. Don't know if you want your wife having access to your email though...;)