wife deleted her email account........

1. fordtrucknut

fordtrucknut New Member

so my lovely wife........
    didnt like her gmail account address so she made a new email.
    which is fine,
    EXCEPT she didnt add then new one to her phone before she deleted her account (off the home computer)
    i've added her new account to her phone, but the old account isnt showing to delete it,
    BUT i'm getting a login error ( little triangle with a ! in it) on the home screen. but i cant login because the account no longer exists.....

any help would be very very helpful thank you..

and since i have a feeling i'm going to have to reset the phone, will all the apps and everything be lost?

Advertisement
    :
  2. FJR1300

FJR1300 Well-Known Member

Have you tried making the new account the default account?

If the old account isn't showing up on the phone I'd think it must have been deleted from the phone, which would lead me to believe that there is an error with the account set-up. I'd try deleting the new account and adding it again, double checking the login credentials (maybe an uppercase password letter where it should be lower case?)
  3. fordtrucknut

fordtrucknut New Member

i tried deleting the new account off there and it did. and i loaded it back on.

i found ( while waiting for a reply) in the settings where to delete them and it will let me delete the second one, all day long, but to delete the first one, it gives me a message to reset the phone. :mad:

so it seems the only way to get rid of the original account is to reset the phone.
  4. FJR1300

Only thing left I can think of is to make the new account the default and then try to delete the old one.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

The original gmail account is what the phone was registered to to track apps and Google services. As such it was the main account and can only be removed by a reset of the phone. All your apps, settings, backups, etc. would have been linked to that account also, so when you register the reset phone to the new gmail account there is nothing to link back to. If you had any paid apps on the old gmail account, you'd have to pay again for the new account. Or you could contact the developer and explain the situation to them and hope they are understanding enough to let you have the app on the new account. That would be up to their discretion, though.
  6. FJR1300

Hadn't thought of lunatic's observation, I did find a method of recovering a deleted gmail account though. But if she deleted the entire google account it appears she's out of luck.

Recovering a deleted username - Accounts Help