Wife wants an Eris, I don't want to pay 469.00.

Last Updated:

1. h0ser81

h0ser81 Member This Topic's Starter

So today is my wife's birthday and she really wants an Eris but her line isn't due for an upgrade until August. Is there any kind of discount or method I can use to not have to pay the full retail price? I mean I understand they don't make much on the secondary line but hell I've been with Verizon for at least 2 years now and I bought an Eris for myself at 250 bucks. I would hope by now they would have made their money back on my phone.

Advertisement
  2. scrubs

scrubs Well-Known Member

Call verizon and explain the situation. They might be willing to move up her upgrade date. Also, tell them that you bought your eris right before they started the 'buy-one-get-one' campaign and see if that helps.

3. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Personally, since your on Verizon, you should get her the HTC Incredible instead of the HTC Eris since Verizon has listed the Eris as end of life soon.

4. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Add another line, order the eris, then activate it on her current number

5. BradF

BradF Active Member

DO NOT GET THE ERIS GET THE INCREDIBLE ON THURSDAY. It would be very foolish the get an Eris.

6. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

The Eris is a GREAT phone, don't listen to those who would push you the get the "latest and greatest". Unless she is a geek of all geeks or a super-smartphone-user, the Eris will be more than enough.

Go ahead and call Verizon, I bet you they would be happy to accmodate you... they let me upgrade 5 months early.

7. JohnKuczek

JohnKuczek Well-Known Member

If your wife does not have a smartphone yet, you may be able to just go to a corporate store/premium retailer and have them do an upgrade, since they will be getting an extra $30/month.

8. wintersg3

wintersg3 Well-Known Member

I agree that an Incredible may be too much depending on her needs. Also Verizon will probably be more accommodating with a less expensive phone that they are looking to sell out of.

9. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I would totally go incredible. Women get frustrated with dumb things like laggy dialer....which the eris has unless you install a app and other things.

10. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

We do NOT!

now why the hell is it taking so long for this message to get posted to the forum!?