• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wife's android stalking my phone

squierjosh

Lurker
Aug 7, 2014
So my wife showed me her phone and why she thinks it's using so much data. Google just randomly popped up and said "10 minutes to Josh." So she could see where I am at any time. What is this feature and why is it doing it? I don't really need her knowing where I am constantly, it feels weird. Sometimes I leave work early to lounge at home before getting the kids...I like to rest in peace. :p

Hi Squierjosh, welcome to AF. :)

So my wife showed me her phone and why she thinks it's using so much data. Google just randomly popped up and said "10 minutes to Josh." So she could see where I am at any time. What is this feature and why is it doing it? I don't really need her knowing where I am constantly, it feels weird. Sometimes I leave work early to lounge at home before getting the kids...I like to rest in peace. :p

It's Google Now, a feature of the Google Search bar or widget. IMO you're far better off disabling or removing it. I had it doing the same thing, like repeatedly telling me "20 minutes to Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong.", even though I'd been in London, UK for 3 days, as well as using copious amounts of my limited metered cellular data :rolleyes: ...perhaps it works better at the Googleplex, Mountain View, CA.

Reactions: Funderbolt
Upvote 0
To stop Google Now showing alerts you don't like, I think you just need to drag them off to the side to delete them, like you would an e-mail.

To get into Google Now, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.

Some things it does could be handy - like telling you about traffic or transport issues on your daily commute.

And BTW, it's your phone that's popping up these things, nothing to do with your missus' ;)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I think the issue here is the fact that perhaps your wife was meeting you somewhere or something along those lines and it was just called Josh's Location.

So now her phone believes she is interested in your location so it keeps telling her.

The card should allow you to swipe it away and Google Now will ask you, "Are you still interested in Josh's location?"

To which you say no.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones