Wifi - 3G Manager

Last Updated:

1. bobo.

bobo. Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I am a new user to the forum so a big hello to all users. I love my Desire and Android

Heres my question, I need an App for my Desire to automatically switch off/on wifi or mobile network depending on my location

For example I want to set a specific time to turn on Wifi turn off 3G and Turn on 3G turn off Wifi.

Also set specific days to have mobile on all day and wifi off

I Have searched the Forum but couldnt find what I have been looking for.

Installed an app called Tasker which is great for setting these setting but doesnt quite work right for the Desire, where it doesnt turn off mobile or turn it back on. It rather needs another app call APNDroid which doesnt really work.

Thanks for your help

Bobo

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I don't know the answer to what you're asking, but you don't need to turn mobile data off. If you turn wifi on, it will override mobile data. it is still on but wont be used.

All you need to do is find something that turns your wifi on and off. Does "tasker" do this?

EDIT> looking in the market there are auto wifi apps called "Auto wifi" and auto wifi free" Can set by location or times. Free version is app supported. 3.5/5 rating. Can give it a try? Although one comment says "doesnt work on desire" but worth a shot

3. bobo.

bobo. Member This Topic's Starter

Hi thanks for the reply

Yes tasker does do this. I do know that the wifi overides mobile data, but it is still turned on, so it uses battery right?

I have the Power Cycle Widget and have to manually switch on/off

However if mobile data doesnt use bat.life while wifi is on, then I have found my answer

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It is "connected" in that it is "logged in" to the apn, effectively, but it is inactive. It doesn't search for the best signal or anything. I can't see it using battery, no.