1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

WiFi / 3G Switching QuestionSupport

1. awells527

awells527 Well-Known Member

This is my first smartphone, so I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this additional functionality. My previous phone could make calls, texts, and pictures were a bonus, so bear with me. :)

One of the things I'm not understanding completely is how it transfers to WiFi/3G. I have it configured to the WiFi at home/work/etc, and I have that stock Android Power widget that allows me to turn WiFi On/Off. When WiFi is on, it connects to an in-range network as they are available. When I am out of range from a configured WiFi, it automatically switches to 3G, and then back to WiFi when one is in range again. To me that is an efficient way to work.

So then yesterday, I installed the SwitchPro Widget so I can have the silent button in that same row. This one has 3G and WiFi as separate buttons and it doesn't seem to switch automatically like I explained above.

So the question...is the automatic WiFi/3G switching controlled by the stock power widget or is the SwitchPro Widget not functioning correctly?

Advertisement