Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nolia, Dec 6, 2010.
after update wifi isn't working!! grrrr this is doing my head in!!
Is your Desire debranded?
after downloading 2.29.405 rom, do factory hard reset one time or twice. I got the same problem now its solved by doing hard reset.
If he answers my question first they may not have to do a hard reset...
got it from amazon as sim free. it doesnt have any network's software
Right, in which case it might be worth flashing it manually...
1. Download the OTA file from here:
2. Rename it update.zip (not update.zip.zip)
3. Put it on the root of your SD card (root = not in any folders)
4. Turn phone off
5. Hold volume down and turn phone on
6. At the bootloader highlight recovery and press power
7. At the next screen with the ! hold volume up and press power
8. Highlight 'apply SD:update.zip' and press power
9. Follow the instructions
This should reflash the OTA update and hopefully get you working
so any SD card will work? drag and drop the update zip file into SD card.
sorted mate thanks.
I'm running a rooted and debranded o2 mobile in Ireland and since the update to 2.29.405.2, the wifi is just sitting in an error'd state. I tried your solution above and given it a restart or two but the wifi is still sitting in an errored state.
You're rooted, that's the issue
and you need a goldcard
Mines orange branded WiFi works when you refresh the page a few times then once itsgot that page loaded all others load fine.
Didn't realise that there was any significance to it being rooted when looking at other updates.
How would I go about sorting this out then?
1. Take the easy route and flash the full 2.29.405.2 RUU from my signature (meaning you have to set the phone up again); or
2. Download the OTA file and flash it manually (with your gold card) through, and I'm assuming here, Clockwork Mod. Bare in mind things are likely to go tits up and you still won't really be 'unrooted' but not rooted either - kinda limbo between the 2
If I take the easy route and flash the full 2.29.405.2 RUU from your signature, does this imply that the phone will need this to be done each time there is an update released if I want to upgrade?
Is there a way to sort it so that the phone will be able to receive the OTA updates in future with no issues? Is this what the second possibility would be for?
No, just means if you then root it you'll have to probably go through it all again
Basically, if you're rooted don't flash OTAs - simple as that
I've been stupid and i upgraded OTA without my goldcard on an unbranded orange desire...
I understand the process to get mi wifi back, but just to make sure, i'm french and the file above is WWE so should i look for some kind of "EU" file? Or should i go with this one?
Sorry for double post edited
If you're on x.xx.405.x then this is the OTA to use
it worked my wifi's back thanks all
Will this update delete all my data?? If yes can you advise some backup software ( a free one will be best).
No as it's an OTA, only RUUs wipe the phone
This is for handsets on x.xx.405.x so you know
I have a de-branded HTC Desire. Lat night I downloaded the ota update and now my wifi doesn't work. I have tries the factory reset and I have followed the instructions and added the update.zip file to my SD card. When I did this the bar starts going across and then it reads E:signiture verification failed Installation aborted.
Any help would be very greatfully received! Thanks!