WiFi and 3G Connections?General

Last Updated:

1. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When Im at home, the phone is running on my wifi here at the house. Now when I got out, to a store or etc, will it automatically run 3G?? When it doesnt pick up WiFi or no WiFi avail??? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Yes.

It will periodically scan for wifi connections with the wifi left turned on, which might drain the battery slightly, but if there is no available wifi it will just use the 3G.

3. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. New to HTC and smart phones.

4. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member

Now I'm new to cell phones having wi-fi, because my last blackberry didn't. I'm guessing wi-fi is just used for web surfing and sending/receiving emails, correct? I'm asking because I noticed that while wi-fi was turned on last night, I didn't receive any text messages or notifications. I didn't receive anything until I turned off wi-fi and was using 3G again.

5. malice

malice Well-Known Member

If I were you, well if I was me, or anyone for that matter, Id leave em all off until you are ready to use them. Battery. All about the battery. One of my 7 screens has all the widget/shortcut thingys to turn on and off GPS/WIFI/3G/Airplane Mode. I just use them as necessary. Will save loads of battery.