Wifi and 4g lte stays on together (Verizon)Support

Last Updated:

1. Hugs31

Hugs31 New Member

My galaxy note 2 develop this thing where Wi-Fi and 4g are on at the same time and this cause my data to run slow. No pictures load up on any of my apps unless i manually turn off the 4g lte. Any one knows how to fix this? I have rebooted my phone and tried everything else....

Advertisement
  2. AlbinLee

AlbinLee Well-Known Member

Perform a factory reset on the device. It could be acting funky as a result of the last OTA update it received. If you did not perform a reset after the update, there could very well be strange little bugs occurring, which do not pop up immediately but happen over time. Make sure all of your contacts are linked to your GMail account. This GMail will not only be able to restore your contacts, but allow you to see a list of all the apps you ever downloaded from the Play Store (basically allowing you to reset your phone in a matter of minutes to your preference). Also, back up any media that you don't want to lose (pictures, videos, documents)... If they are stored on a removable SD card this is simple, just pull the card before performing the factory reset. Otherwise, you will have to manually transfer these files to your computer or another cloud resource (Google Drive).

So now your ready to rock: 1. Make sure your phone has a decent charge (greater than 50%), then go to Settings > Back up and reset > Factory Data Reset.
    2. Follow the prompts and select "yes" to delete everything.
    3. Allow the phone to do its thing, and be patient.
    4. When the phone is done, it will return you to the welcome/phone setup prompts, which will allow you to sign in and link your GMail account, as well as any other email accounts you had linked prior.
    5. Gmail will automatically restore your contacts.
    6. Restore your apps by going to Play Store, then hit the capacitive menu button (bottom left of phone), and select My Apps.
    7. At the top of your apps list, there are menu buttons for "Installed" and "All". Select the "All" list, and you should see a list of all the apps you ever downloaded from the play store, in reverse date order (latest at the top).
    8. The last step to restore apps MAY not be needed. When I factory reset my Note 2, simply logging back into GMail caused the device to start downloading many of the apps I had been using before. Scary.

Someone else may swoop in here and let me know if I missed anything. Hopefully this fixes your issue. Most problems of this nature can be fixed by a Factory Reset.