Wifi and bluetooth will not turn on.Support

Last Updated:

1. Nova5

Nova5 Member This Topic's Starter

Hw i500.04
    Fw 2.1 update1
    Baseband di01

Wifi and BT both show Unavailable on their Address field in the About Phone - Status. What gives?

Advertisement
  2. dopepope

dopepope Well-Known Member

just need to make sure we've checked:
    so you've gone to settings>wireless and networks> then checked to enable both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
    correct?

3. Nova5

Having done computer and network service, repair, construction, installation for 20 years I know quite a bit but through a few words in the initial post there is no way to see such. Especially when I leave out the error message... though its hardly a helpful one "Unable to Enable" So forgiven for such a question you are ;)

Anyhow inexplicably it had decided today it will work. I had rebooted the phone and re-tried it last night to no effect. this morning with zero changes (other than charging overnight) it works. Battery was at 50% last night. Possible the wireless and BT won't enable at that level?

Both MAC addresses now show as well.

4. Nova5

Now I need to find out why it hates my security settings on my AP. The laptop won't touch it with anything but WPA1/TKIP. seems the built in card doesn't like WPA2/AES.

Facinate just sticks at the status of "Disconnected" on my wireless. I can tie into a neighbors unprotected wireless without fail. If i could force WPA1/TKIP on the handset It might get in since the laptop does. which would point to the AP being the problem when it operates WPA1+WPA2. right now its limited to WPA1/TKIP for testing and the handset still doesn't like it.

Now I'm at the point of enabling a second security profile with only WPA2/AES running on it.
    Prof0 = WPA1/TKIP + WPA2/AES (under one profile)
    Prof1 = WPA1/TKIP
    Prof2 = WPA2/AES.

AP is a Netgear Prosafe WG302.

5. Nova5

Seems the AP is getting old and developing a problem. Can't run WPA1 and WPA2 at the same time under any condition. Soon as I turned on the wireless and setup a secure connection on the Router the phone was happy to tie right in.

6. Nova5

DOH! Been so long since I added a MAC address to the list i forget Netgear is idiotic. 3 steps to accept adding a new mac. Add the mac, click add. Click Save, Click Apply.

Logical thought would say Clicking Add is save.. but no.. grrr.

Morons!

still no idea about why they wouldn't fire up last night.

7. dopepope

dopepope Well-Known Member

LOL! Seems like you troubleshooted yourself out of this one, congrats, and thanks for posting how your issue was resolved!