wifi and history

Last Updated:

1. lp06

lp06 New Member This Topic's Starter

if im using an encrypted wifi at work , can they see what i look at or download over my phone?

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

If you have to ask the question, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Unless of course you hate the job and are looking for an excuse to leave (be left?).

3. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Technically if your using company bandwidth they track everything you do online. Assuming they have the necessary software.

4. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

Without knowing what wireless router they have, it's impossible to say. But, even if you knew, there are programs out there that work with various routers that can track users, when that ability doesn't exist natively (or exists in a limited capacity) in the router.

5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

LOL, unless you're using a personal VPN, if you're on company wifi, even encrypted wifi, yes they will know of exactly what you're doing.

But if you're on your personal phone, using your 3G / 4G service, then they would have no idea what you're doing.

6. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member

This is the kind of work i used to do...they can track bandwidth based on ip address. In order to SEE what you are looking at is a different issue. They would have to know the local up address of your phone (if you are in an enterprise situation that uses dynamic addressing, then its not really an issue for you.) If you are in a company that uses static addresses then that could be found out pretty quickly by the admin. (They can spot an unassigned ip, this usually automated)