• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi and mobile data not autoswitching

billy whizz

Oct 29, 2010
hi guys - ive got a samsung galaxy note 3 here in the uk, its about 4 months old, on tesco mobile, it doesnt seem to switch between mobile data and wifi...if im at home and connected to wifi then i go out, it switches to 4g, but when i get home it should switch back to mobile data but it doesnt, both wifi and mobile data are on and ive placed a tick in the" auto network switch"...but it doesnt switch over...any ideas ta?

hi guys - ive got a samsung galaxy note 3 here in the uk, its about 4 months old, on tesco mobile, it doesnt seem to switch between mobile data and wifi...if im at home and connected to wifi then i go out, it switches to 4g, but when i get home it should switch back to mobile data but it doesnt, both wifi and mobile data are on and ive placed a tick in the" auto network switch"...but it doesnt switch over...any ideas ta?

When you're at home go into the Wifi section of your system settings and find the name of the network you're connected to and long-click that name, then a new menu will pop up.

In the New set of options that pops up click/check the "auto join" option

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones