WiFi at Work, login and passwordSupport

Last Updated:

1. geeoff81

geeoff81 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running NFX Stock ....7, but I've noticed that I can't get on WiFi at work. At home, I'm fine. The problem is that at home, all I need is the password to my router and I can connect. At work, I'm supposed to enter a username AND password. Here are the required settings:

Network Name (SSID): XXXXXX
    Network Authentication: WPA2-Enterprise
    Encryption Type: AES

When I select the network from my WiFi list, it only asks for a password. There's no opportunity for me to enter a username as well. Anyone have a suggestion of how I can modify that? The network SSID self-broadcasts, so I haven't chosen any settings for it. If I create the network myself, I can choose from WPA/WPA2 PSK or 802.1x Enterprise. Either way, it only asks for a password, never a username.

Help!!

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

The company I used to work for had a guest wireless network. But before they could use it they had to accept an agreement and/or enter a username and password. To do this they had to go to a website and accept. Perhaps this is what is happening.

3. geeoff81

That's a good idea, however this network requires both a username and password on the laptop/phone to get onto wifi. It's required to even access the network, before you can connect. I know that people with iPhones are able to do it - they have the ability to add a username and a password when connecting via wifi. Anyone know how to get the same on android?

4. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

When you manually add the wireless network, look at the Security drop-down box and choose "802.1x EAP". Once you choose this, you will get additional options; including the option to put in a username.

geeoff81 likes this.
  5. geeoff81

This does work... I just had to enter a password (twice) to get to those options... didn't realize that. Thanks for the help!