• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi at Work, login and password

geeoff81

Nov 9, 2009
I'm running NFX Stock ....7, but I've noticed that I can't get on WiFi at work. At home, I'm fine. The problem is that at home, all I need is the password to my router and I can connect. At work, I'm supposed to enter a username AND password. Here are the required settings:

Network Name (SSID): XXXXXX
Network Authentication: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption Type: AES

When I select the network from my WiFi list, it only asks for a password. There's no opportunity for me to enter a username as well. Anyone have a suggestion of how I can modify that? The network SSID self-broadcasts, so I haven't chosen any settings for it. If I create the network myself, I can choose from WPA/WPA2 PSK or 802.1x Enterprise. Either way, it only asks for a password, never a username.

Help!!

That's a good idea, however this network requires both a username and password on the laptop/phone to get onto wifi. It's required to even access the network, before you can connect. I know that people with iPhones are able to do it - they have the ability to add a username and a password when connecting via wifi. Anyone know how to get the same on android?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones